The selection of students for admission is
the responsibility of the Admission Committee which evaluates the
qualifications of the applicants. Admission is based on the results of
the entrance examination, academic records, personal interview and
1. A bachelor's degree in any field of interest granted by an
accredited academic institution, provides the course of study
a. Natural Science(15 units)
Organic Chemistry . . . . . . . . . . . 5 units
College Physics . . . . . . . . . . . 5 units
Zoology (Comparative and
Vertebrate Anatomy. . . . . . . . . . . 5 units
b. Mathematics . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 units
c. Filipino . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 units
d. Communication Arts
(English or Spanish). . . . . . .18 units
2. Of good moral character, never have been convicted of any crime,
good academic record, pleasing personality and attitude fit for a
3. Must have passed the entrance examination and interview for that
year given by Remedios T. Romualdez Medical Foundation, College of
4. Must not have been dropped from the rolls of the RTRMF, College of
Medicine or other medical schools.
5. Physically fit to meet the demands and rigors of the medical
6. Must not be over thirty (30) years of age at the time of admission.
An admitted student who fails to enroll may be admitted in the
succeeding year only after he/she re-applies and is selected on a
competitive basis with the rest of the applicants for that year.
Qualified applicants who are not admitted may re-apply in the
Procedure of Application
1. Secure an application form and accomplish the same in duplicate.
2. Pay the P100.00 ($30.00 for non-Filipinos) applications fee to
cover entrance examination and application processing.
3. Submit the following requirements together with your application
a. Transcript of Records for evaluation. It should contain all
subjects taken or are being taken by the applicant, together with the
corresponding grades, except those subjects taken in the second
semester of this school year. Grades in these subjects should be
submitted as soon as they are available.
b. Birth Certificate;
c. Certificates of good moral character issued by two former
professors in the premedical course;
d. Authenticated copy of College Diploma or a Certificate of
Graduation issued by the Register of the school where you graduated
(Special Order(B) to be indicated in case of private school
e. Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) for non-Filipinos;
f. Three photographs (2" x 2") taken within the last six
g. One brown envelope (10" x 15")
h. Self-addressed envelope with the necessary post paid stamps;
4. Report for the Entrance of February at Remedios Trinidad Romualdez
Tacloban City and other designated testing centers.
All applicants should take the entrance examination which is an
aptitude/ability test, covering communication skills, mathematics,
natural sciences and general information. A part of the test deals
with personality profile.
Remittance for the entrance examination and for postage and processing
of application should be sent together with the application for
admission and transcript of college records.
A personal interview is an essential part of the selection process.
Applicants residing outside Tacloban City may be scheduled for
interview while they are in the city for the entrance examination. All
applicants should have their interviews as early as possible.
Notice of Acceptance:
Only applicants with duly accomplished forms, transcript of records,
letters of reference, interview and entrance test scores will be
included in the selection process.
All applicants selected for admission will be notified of their
acceptance. The applicant should see to it that the mailing address in
the application is correct and complete.
Accepted applicants must report to the Admission Committee Office and
comply the following requirements in order to be enrolled in the
medical school on or before the date stated in the Notice of
1. Submit the Honorable Dismissal from the school last attended;
2. Submit the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission to the College
of Medicine issued by the Board of Medical Education, Ministry of
Education, Culture and Sports, Manila. The applicant may obtain this
himself/herself or he/she may submit all the necessary papers to the
Registrar's Office early enough to permit the filing of the
application with the Board of Medical Education on time;
3. Submit a certification of physical fitness; and
4. Pay the required tuition and other school fees. If the applicant
fails to comply with any of these requirements within the specified
period of time, the offer of acceptance will be forfeited.
Papers Necessary for the Certificate of Eligibilty:
To be submitted by accepted applicants only to the school or to the
Secretary, Board of Medical Education, Ministry of Education, Culture
and Sports, Manila.
1. Petition for the issuance of the Certificate of Eligibility for
Admission to the College of Medicine (Forms are available at the
2. Transcript of College Records in duplicate showing completion of
Bachelor's degree in Science and Arts (one original and one xerox
3. A duly authenticated copy of diploma or a certificate of graduation
issued by the Registrar of the school where you graduated. (Special
Order(B) to be indicated in case of private school graduates - 2
4. Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by two former professors
in the college where B.S. or A.B. was obtained (two copies each).
5. Birth Certificate, if not available as duly certified by the Local
Civil Registrar, Baptismal Certificate or an affidavit duly notarized
will be accepted (2 copies).
6. Fifty Pesos (P50.00) Postal Money Order payable to the Secretary,
Board of Medical Education, Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports,
7. Documentary stamps - 6 x P2.00 x P1.00.
Applicants who are not natural - born Filipino citizens should also
submit an authenticated copy of their Alien Certificate of
Registration (ACR) or a Certificate of Naturalization issued by a
competent court, if the applicant is a naturalized Filipino, in
Non-resident aliens should also present a Study Permit issued by the
Director, Bureau of Youth Affairs, Foreign Students and Foreign
Schools, M.E.C.S., Manila.
Accepted students are required to submit a physical examination
including chest x-ray, urinalysis and stool examination.
Scholarships are available to baccalaureate graduates with honors as
Summa Cum Laude..................100% discount
Magna Cum Laude.....................50% discount
Cum Laude................................25% discount